UPAA Guam looking for UP graduates on Saipan
The University of the Philippines Alumni Association Guam is calling all UP graduates on the island of Saipan. Members are interested to help the victims of Typhoon Soudelor. Contact Fe Calixterio at 235-1934 or 785-5535 for more information. (PR)
CNMI Judiciary operations schedule
Business hours for the CNMI Judiciary on Saipan for Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015, will be 8am to 5pm.
Business hours for the CNMI Judiciary on Saipan for Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015 through Friday, Sept. 11, 2015, will be 8am until noon.
On Rota and Tinian, business hours will be 7:30am to 4:30pm, Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015 through Friday, Sept. 11, 2015.
Changes to this schedule, and the Judiciary’s schedule for the week beginning Monday, Sept. 14, 2015, will be disseminated on the Judiciary’s website, www.justice.gov.mp, and through other media.
The partial day operations on Saipan are expected to continue until issues associated with fuel availability for standby power generation are resolved. (NMI Judiciary)
Military training at Warning Area 517, FDM
The U.S. military will conduct training at Warning Area 517 during the following dates and times:
• Sept. 6, from 10am to 5pm
• Sept. 9-10, from 9am to 4pm
• Sept. 11-12, from 10am to 5pm
Training will also be conducted at the island of Farallon de Medinilla during the following dates and times:
• Sept. 6, from 10am to 5pm
• Sept. 7, from 8am to noon
• Sept. 8, from noon to 9pm
• Sept. 9, from 8am to 9:30pm
• Sept. 10, from 8am to 9pm
• Sept. 11, from 9am to 12:30pm
• Sept. 12, from 10am to 5pm
The general public, especially fishermen, commercial pilots and marine tour operators are advised to stay clear of the areas during the dates and times indicated.
W-517 is activated south of latitude 12° 40’ 00»N. All vessels are advised to remain clear of W-517 south of latitude 12° 40’ 00”N. Santa Rosa Reef and Galvez Bank are open for public use.
The general location of the training on the island of Farallon de Medinilla will be on a 10-nautical mile radius on all quadrants. (Joint Region Marianas Public Affairs Office)
Red Cross closed today
The American Red Cross NMI Chapter will be closed today (Labor Day). We will resume our client assistance on Tuesday, Sept. 8. (ARC)
Oleai Elementary orientation dates
Oleai Elementary School would like to invite all incoming and continuing students with their parent and guardians for Orientation and Open House for the upcoming school year 2015-2016. Orientation will take place at the school cafeteria on the following dates for the following grade levels:
• Sept. 10, 2015 (Thursday): Kindergarten to 2nd Grade from 4pm to 5pm.
• Sept. 11, 2015 (Friday): 3rd to 5th Grade from 4pm to 5pm
Important information will be discussed during orientation. Teachers will be available in their classrooms after the orientation. Parents and Guardians are encouraged to attend OES activities. (OES)
Garapan Elementary sets Open House
Garapan Elementary School will be having its Orientation/Open House on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015, starting at 2:30pm in the school cafeteria. This Orientation/ Open House is intended to inform everyone of the new school schedule, meet teachers and staff, and clarify any questions for the coming school year. (GES)
SVES orientation schedule
San Vicente Elementary School will be having a back-to-school orientation to discuss important information for school year 2015-2016. Students may accompany their parents/guardians during the orientation. Teachers will be available in their classrooms to meet with the students and parents/guardians to share expectations set forth for the school year. Orientation will take place in the school cafeteria.
• Sept. 9, 2015: Parent/Student Orientation for Grades K-2nd at 9am to 10am
• Sept. 9, 2015: Parent/Student Orientation for Grades 3rd-5th at 10am to 11am (SVES)
Schedule of activities for Marianas High School
• First day of classes: Sept. 8, 2015.
• 7:15am: All high school bus riders should be at the bus stops.
• 8am-12:15pm: Class session.
• 12:15pm: Lunch/dismissal
• 12:45pm: After school; buses depart (MHS)
Kagman Elementary School calendar
• Sept, 9, 2015: Parent/student orientation for grades K-2nd at 9am to 10am
• Sept. 10, 2015: Parent /student orientation for grades 3rd-5th at 9am to 10am
• Sept. 14, 2015: First day of instruction for all students (K-5th), from 7:50am to 11:30am
During the parent and student orientation day, teachers will be present to meet with parents and share instructional goals and expectations for the school year. KagES)
Dandan Middle School start of classes
The school year will begin on Sept. 8, 2015. Because of the circumstances that we are all experiencing at the moment, we have limited the school supplies that will be requiring from our students. If you have any questions contact (670) 237-3662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and / or email@example.com. (DMS)